Tuesday 20 November 2012

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

 So where does this material fit into my already crowded day? Use it as another way to teach your students math concepts. Our material aligns with NCTM (National Council of Math Teachers) standards and expectations in these critical areas: problem solving, reasoning and proof, communication, connection, and representation. My dream is to teach money management basics to elementary school aged children, a segment of our educational system virtually untouched because of the perceived complexity of the subject matter. Stated differently, I wanted to get "out in front" of money management behavior before bad habits set in. To start to make my dream come true I went into my local schools on a volunteer basis to teach my "Mrs. Money Talks Money" eight week curriculum. Armed with my Money Savvy Pig and motivating experiences with these school children, along with the responsibility I felt toward my own children, the Money Savvy Kids Basic Personal Finance Curriculum came into existence.

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

Money Savvy

No comments:

Post a Comment